Wednesday, December 2, 2009

rachel and ryan - shade hotel, manhattan beach

this wedding is very dear to my heart...rachael and her mom rene were some of the sweetest clients i had all year! from the first time we met, i felt an instant "click" with them..just "click"...

when they said that the wedding vibe was going to be fresh, clean and chic, of course i knew they were the perfect clients for me...they trusted my style and my aesthetic eye and this means EVERYTHING to a designer!


the wedding took place at a personal favorite venue of mine, shade hotel in manhattan beach...


we actually installed this fabric and lantern treatment the night before the wedding...honestly, even without florals, the scene was set...


the bridal bouquet was made up of all hand wired green cymbidium orchids and curled green ti leaves...this mama took almost 2 hours to make! but the end result was worth it!!



a funky little boutonniere composed of a green succulent, a brown monkey tail and brown leather cording...



gor....jus...


dontcha just love this moment?!





cute little succulents with a couple curled green ti leaves and a simple white vase (hello ikea!) make no-fuss cocktail table pieces...


placecards were set in beds of wheatgrass...



i mean....

COME ON!!! really?? REALLY?! rachael you are the most stunning bride ever!!




i loved the flower girl's wedding band...no seriously, where can i buy it? and does it come in gray? :)




we lined the aisle with tall glass cylinders filled with a green ti leaf wrap at the bottom, some chocolate manzanita branches inside with a couple green cymbidium orchids...each vase was toppped with a large green kermit mum ball...





for the altar area, we kept it simple with 2 tall chocolate manzanita trees, accented with green cymbidium orchids and mini green kermit mum balls...the brown bases were fleshed out with curled green ti leaves and additional green orchids...




the centerpieces were made up of 7 white ceramic vases in varying shapes and sizes...they were each filled with monobotanical arrangements of different green flowers - parrot tulips, cymbidium orchids, rustic hydrangea, spider mums, bells of ireland, succulents etc. with green ti leaf accents.




the adorable table numbers were actually made by the bride's mom! she purchased them at michaels and painted them chocolate brown...super easy and affordable! and much better than those hideous standard table numbers hotels usually provide ;)




the caramel apple favors matched their season (fall) and their color scheme (green and brown)!





not a cake fan? towers of glazed doughnuts make perfect sense to me!



i loved every minute of this wedding thanks to the fantastic people i worked with that day:

gabriel ryan photographers - seriously i have not done a blog post this long in like...oh...ever maybe?! i could.not.choose between images...you nailed it!
ashley rose - it was so much fun having you there to second shoot for gabriel! it felt like a party with friends! not like "work" at all :)
wildflower linens - thank you desiree for the beautiful napkins! they added that somethin somethin...
shade hotel - i cannot say enough good things about this venue...no wonder i work there so much! they are my kindred spirits and i just adore jolise to pieces!

15 comments:

Ashley Rose said...

you are too cute carissa =) seriously beautiful work as always!!! love yous!!!

Brenda's Wedding Blog said...

Beautiful as always!!! Loving the green and white color palette.

sandra pan said...

i am always in this area! love what you've done!

Allison Howell said...

Oh Carissa... This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing. I love Shade so much. I do hope that I get to see wonderful pics of your work there again soon.

shannon said...

STUNNING!! I love the green!! Come design my house ;)

gabriel.ryan. said...

the perfect "night cap" to finish 2009. we can't wait to work together again in 2010... springfield, missouri... here we come!!

Jessica said...

The headband is from Anthropologie and yes, it comes in gray. :)

I really the clean and crisp look of this wedding.

megan said...

Love love love everything about this one! All cymbidium bouquets are one of my favorites to make. They're luscious.

Branches Event Floral said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, superb.....Not enough words to describe how amazing your designs are! Thanks for all the great eye candy!

Lauryl Lane said...

Dear to my heart since my own wedding colors were green+brown and I had loads of green cymbidiums as they're one of my top 5 favorite flowers! You did such a beautiful job with this wedding- love that draping!

People St.Clair said...

Everything was gorgeous but I love love love the centerpieces.

Esther said...

Carissa, your work is such an inspiration to all of us! I simply adore everything about this wedding and it will be my honor to feature some of the photos of this wedding on my blog!

Latina Bride said...

Wow, would really love to have your work done in this part of the Caribbean! Awesome as always. I must say I think you are just my favorite!

Aylee Bits said...

Always love your work. And what you did at this wedding is gorgeous! Love how modern it is. This is the style I want for my wedding. I wish I could hire you, but you're across the country!

California Caramel Company said...

We provided the Caramel Apple Favors from the California Caramel Company. We would love a copy of that photo....is that possible?! Thank you! www.californiacaramelco@gmail.com

Kristina Scott, Owner
California Caramel Company